b l o g
m a y 2 0 2 1
Gliricidia sepium is a widely available tree and one I recommend IMAGE: Flickr
By Piero Bianchessi, Former Owner and Operator of Venui Vanilla
Goal : to plant the support and shade tree correctly
When : dry season, July – August (southern hemisphere)
Tools : Pruning Saw, Spade, Bush Knife
(1) Choose a healthy young cutting with a diameter of 5.0 centimeters.
(2) Cutting height above ground should be 1.0 meter (belly button height).
(3) Cut the bottom part of the cutting into a ‘V’ shape.
(4) Cut the top part of the cutting at a 45
(5) Dig a hole 30 to 40 centimeters deep.
(6) Plant the cutting.
(7) Space cuttings 2.5 to 3.0 meters apart in the line (row). The distance between the lines of cuttings should be 3.0 to 3.5 meters.